Since January, there have been quite a few changes. Jim was gone off and on from Feb to June on different short term active duty assignments. In June, he accepted a job to work in Germany for 15 months. We have had to take one day at a time, step by step, trusting God to lead us. We decided as a family that if we could, Chad and I would go to Germany too. We started with a trip for 3 weeks to visit Jim. We were coming home the week before school started if we couldn't get the answers we needed.
Schloss Heidelberg over looking the Neckar River
Before I even got back to Tx a friend emailed me asking what I was going to do with the house. We were thinking of leaving it empty so I didn't have to completely pack it and put in storage. Then we found out that if we left it unattended then the insurance policies would be void. After talking with this friend, I felt comfortable in letting her rent out house. She even wanted me to leave the furniture! God again showed he was in control.
So I started the process of cleaning out closets and packing personal items. Some were put in storage and some were set aside to be shipped to Germany. My parents came and helped me do this. It was greatly appreciated to have someone pushing me to finish it. Not sure if I got everything we would need in Germany but also knew we would limited on how much could be shipped. So anything I thought we could buy, I left in the house or storage.
I have been back in Germany for a month and we are still getting things lined up. We had to move from one hotel to another one on base at Panzer. This is temporary while we find an apartment or house to rent. We purchased a 2000 Volvo outright to use while here. Jim got his drivers license back in August. Being on Panzer and him working on Kelley (a 18 km or 11 mile drive) the car has helped for his changing shifts. We got the paperwork turned in for Chad and I to get SOFA cards so that we don't have to travel every 90 days out of the area. Now I can get a drivers license.
Now we are in the process of looking for a place to stay. Trusting God for the perfect place and distance for Jim's commute. Chad will continue to ride the bus to and from school. He seems to be enjoying it. The challenge for a rental will be the amount of time our orders are for. Right now we officially are only here until March 31st but confident Jim will get the extension to stay until Sept.
We have been to many castles and other sights and will post about those later.
1 comment:
Jessica,
This is so exciting! What an opportunity to see the world!
I know you are enjoying being with Jim, instead of watching him leave again and you and Chad missing him. That makes me really happy for you all!
I'm so glad God has walked you through each step. I think He'll find the house you need and it will be one more thing to put in your testimony.
Post a Comment